Trust, Safety & Insurance
Safety and comfort are our top priorities. While we strive to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere, we remind all our community members that nothing is more important than the safe and timely provision of services. Starting with background checks, our safety standards cover a number of areas. Our safety measures include but may not be limited to:
- Criminal background checks
- Professional permit/license checks
- Vehicle inspections
- Insurance coverage
- Zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy
- Star rating system
If you would like to learn more about our safety measures, please visit Zoctu.com/safety.
- Safety Policies
If you were involved in an accident or safety-related incident, call the authorities by dialling 999 or your local non-emergency assistance line if necessary. You can use your app to get connected with our critical response team. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Age requirement
Unaccompanied minors are prohibited from using ZOCTU services. A user must be 18 to sign up for a ZOCTU account, but if a Service provider believes a Customer might be underage, the Service provider may ask the Customer to confirm their age.
The Service provider may also let a Customer know that the Service provider will have to cancel the service request if the Customer is indeed under 18 years of age. In addition, Service providers can report service requests by unaccompanied minors by contacting ZOCTU.
ZOCTU has a strict "No Weapons" policy for all of its properties. This includes ZOCTU hubs and service centres.
Our "No Weapons" policy also applies when you are doing business as a representative of ZOCTU, which includes times that you are performing a service for ZOCTU, as well as times that you are visiting a ZOCTU hub.
This means that even in places where it is legal to carry a weapon, we ask that you do not carry a weapon on any ZOCTU property.
We approach this from a community perspective. It's hard to know what someone else is or isn't comfortable with. The mere presence of a weapon might make another community member distressed and fear for his or her own personal safety.
At a minimum, a "weapon" includes any form of firearm. There are many items that could be considered weapons besides firearms, such as handguns, stun guns, explosives, knives, slingshots and tasers. Zoctu reserves sole judgment on what else may constitute a "weapon." If you have any questions about whether various items could be considered a "weapon" under this policy, please contact ZOCTU Support before bringing any questionable items onto ZOCTU property.
Note: The general policy above does not apply to authorized security personnel contracted or employed by ZOCTU or to law enforcement personnel.
If you witness possession of a weapon, please let us know by contacting us through the app/website/hotline.
Smoking inside Zoctu cars/premises is against our community rules. There may be Customers who have respiratory issues or may be bothered by the smell, so in the spirit of respect for everyone in our community, we ask that you refrain from doing so. Also If a passenger reports that a driver's car smells like smoke, their account may be disabled.
Depending on local regulations, the use of cameras and other recording devices during service provision may not be allowed. Some countries, cities/towns or states/provinces/regions may require signage making known the presence of recording devices, while others may not allow recording devices at all.
Please refer to your country, city/town or state/province/region regulations on recording devices when providing services.______________________________________________________________________________
- We designed safety into every part of ZOCTU, from our liability insurance requirements to our dedicated Quality assurance and 24/7 support.
Critical Response Line
- Quality Assurance and Safety are 24/7 for the benefit of the communities where we provide services. If you are involved in an incident that you believe threatens your personal safety, call the authorities by dialling 999 or your local non-emergency assistance line. Then contact us through the app/website or call our Critical Response Line.
Driver Permits/license issuing Authorities and Background Checks
- Every driver is screened before they’re permitted to drive on our platform, starting with Background and Driver Permit / License checks.
The criminal background check includes but is not limited to national databases and records at least every six months. Among other things, Zoctu disqualifies driver applicants for violent crime, felony, sexual offence, or drug-related convictions that appear on a background check. Learn more.
- We have minimum age requirements for all cars. Learn more.
- Zoctu maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy for Zoctu drivers. To report suspicions of intoxicants used by a Zoctu driver, email us at email@example.com or contact us using the Zoctu App.
- You’ve got the power. Passengers and drivers rate each other after every ride. Zoctu takes all user ratings and driver feedback very seriously.
Zoctu Insurance Protection Plan
- Our rigorous requirement in regards to driver carried liability insurance plans provide a protection for both the driver and users of our services. Learn more
Contact us directly for more information on safety and other topics.